D Films Picks Up 'Romeo & Juliet' for Canadian Release
The indie distributor will roll out Julian Fellows' adaptation of the Shakespearean tragedy starring Hailee Steinfeld simultaneously with Relativity's U.S. release in October.
TORONTO -- Canadian indie distributor D Films has picked up the Canadian rights to Relativity's Romeo & Juliet, starring Hailee Steinfeld and Douglas Booth as the Shakespeare tragedy's star-crossed lovers.
The adaptation of the Elizabethean-era stage play from screenwriter Julian Fellows of Downtown Abbey fame is set for an Oct. 11 release in Canada, simultaneous with Relativity releasing the film south of the border.
Romeo & Juliet sees True Grit star Steinfeld play the young Juliet Capulet, who meets Booth's Romeo Montague at a party only to discover that their families are mortal enemies.
The film is directed by Italian director Carlo Carlei (Flight of the Innocent), and also stars Paul Giamatti, Stellan Skarsgard, Damian Lewis and Ed Westwick.
Romeo & Juliet is a co-production of Amber Entertainment, Swarovski Entertainment and Echo Lake Entertainment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10