D Films Takes Canadian Rights to Fred Schepisi's 'Words and Pictures'
The rom-com stars Clive Owen and Juliette Binoche and will be released stateside by Roadside Attractions.
TORONTO -- D Films has acquired the Canadian rights to Fred Schepisi's romantic comedy Words and Pictures from Voltage Pictures.
Roadside Attractions earlier snapped up the U.S. rights soon after the Clive Owen and Juliette Binoche-starrer had a world premiere at the Toronto Film Festival.
D Films plans a spring 2014 release for the movie, which has Owen as a washed-up writer clashing with Binoche as a prickly artist, clashing at a school where they teach over which is the best artistic discipline: painting or literature.
Words and Pictures, penned by Gerald Di Pego, is produced by Latitude Productions' Curtis Burch, in association with Lascaux Films.
Voltage Pictures is handling international rights to the film.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR