Dada Films Nabs the Toni Collette Starrer 'Mental'
The comedy marks the reunion of the actress and the filmmaker PJ Hogan for the first time since they teamed on "Muriel’s Wedding."
Dada Films has acquired Mental, the comedy that marks the reunion of filmmaker PJ Hogan and actress Toni Collette for the first time since they teamed on Muriel’s Wedding.
Dada acquired theatrical and ancillary rights to the film, which debuted at the 2013 Palm Springs International Film Festival, and will release the film theatrically alongside a day-and-date VOD release on March 29.
Set in the fictional town of Dolphin Heads, Mental is written and directed by Hogan and produced by Jerry Zucker, Janet Zucker, Todd Fellman and Jocelyn Moorhouse.
Collette stars alongside Liev Schreiber, Anthony LaPaglia, Rebecca Gibney, Kerry Fox, Caroline Goodall, Deborah Mailman and Sam Clark.
Told through musical interludes, Mental revolves around the Moochmore family, whose girls are certain they suffer from some kind of undiagnosed neurotic mental issue -- because, after all, if they're not crazy then they’re just unpopular.
Recent Dada films include War Witch and the upcoming Spanish-language black-and-white film Blancanieves by Pablo Berger.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR