Dafoe, Hoskins, Modine to tell 'Tales'
NEW YORK -- Willem Dafoe, Bob Hoskins and Matthew Modine are set to star in writer-director Abel Ferrara's "Go Go Tales," a screwball comedy that has taken an equally circuitous path to production.
Dafoe will play the owner of a New York go-go dancing club whose brother and financial backer (Modine) threatens to pull the plug on his business. The owner and his accountant (Hoskins) face a bumpy night as the strippers threaten to strike. Longtime Ferrara pal Asia Argento is attached to play a small role as one of the dancers.
Ferrara originally was slated to begin principal photography on the project in January 2005, but after several territories were presold, the production never got off the ground. According to a statement from Bellatrix Media, which is producing the project, Italian state film organization Istituto Luce and producer Gam Film filed suit against the director, who then filed a counterclaim against them. The parties settled out of court, with the screenplay rights and Ferrara's services turning over to producer Bellatrix, owned by Swiss entrepreneur Massimo Gatti.
Bellatrix is producing the project with Go Go Tales Inc., founded by U.S.-based financier Steven W. Lefkowitz. Principal photography began Monday in Rome and moves to New York in January.
Dafoe is repped by Endeavor and Widescreen Management. Hoskins is repped by CAA. Modine is repped by Untitled.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game