'Daily Show' Announces Coverage for 2012 Democratic National Convention
The Jon Stewart-fronted program will dispatch 125 staffers to Charlotte, N.C., for the September event.
The Daily Show is dispatching 125 staffers to cover the Democratic National Convention in September, the show announced Monday.
"We are incredibly excited to spend a week in the beautiful city of Charlotte," said exec producer Rory Albanese. "And to the good people of North Carolina, for their southern hospitality in hosting 125 smart-aleck New Yorkers, we offer in advance our thanks, but most of all, our apologies. Honestly, we didn’t mean to break that, and we promise we’ll pay for it."
The Jon Stewart-hosted Comedy Central program will no doubt skewer all aspects of the DNC ahead of the 2012 presidential race. This marks The Daily Show's fourth stint covering the DNC, and it will spend nearly week on the scene from Tuesday, Sept. 4 through Friday, Sept. 7.
Coverage will be taped at Charlotte's "ImaginOn: The Joe & Joan Martin Center," a children's theater and library.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR