'The Daily Show,' 'Teen Mom' in Viacom's Scandinavian VOD Deal With Modern Times Group
Ad-sponsored exclusive content from Comedy Central and MTV will go out on MTG's online catch-up services in Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
Viacom International Media Networks has signed a deal with Scandinavian broadcaster Modern Times Group for exclusive VOD rights to Comedy Central and MTV shows, including The Daily Show, Teen Mom and Catfish, among others, for MTG's online services in Scandinavia.
The shows, which also include reality series such as Geordie Shore, Punked, Cribs and The Hills will go out on MTG's TV3Play and TV6Play services in Sweden, Denmark and Norway. MTV and Comedy Central content will be shown on the Swedish services while MTV shows will also be carried over the catch-up platforms in Denmark and Norway. The shows will be free-to-watch and advertising-sponsored.
In a related deal, MTG will take over advertising sales for Viacom's online platforms in the region. MTG already sells airtime on Viacom's linear MTV, VH-1 and Comedy Central channel in Scandinavia.
Swedish-based MTG operates free and pay-TV channels across Scandinavia, Eastern Europe and Africa. It is also the largest shareholder in CTC Media, Russia’s leading independent television broadcaster.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR