Dakota Fanning, Allison Janney Star in Short Film About Women's Issues (Exclusive Video)
"Celia," penned by Rodrigo Garcia, will officially debut online Oct. 26 and THR has the first look at the trailer.
Dakota Fanning and Allison Janney have teamed up for a short film, Celia.
Celia, written by Albert Nobbs and In Treatment director Rodrigo Garcia, centers on a teenager (Fanning) who looks for guidance from a doctor (Janney). THR has an exclusive first look at the minute-long trailer, which reveals that the two women have deeper connections to each other than the usual doctor-patient relationship.
The full-length short film will debut on WIGS' YouTube channel on Friday, Oct. 26. Said Garcia, co-creator of WIGS, a destination for "provocative" and "edgy" series, shorts and docs with female characters: "At WIGS, we are dedicated to exploring the complicated choices women face in their daily lives. We encourage our filmmakers and actors to explore these issues when they become personal rather than push any particular agenda. It is our hope that Celia will open up dialogue among our viewers, regardless of their particular stance on the issue at hand.”
Properties on WIGS include Rochelle with Rosanna Arquette, Leslie with Catherine O'Hara, Blue with Julia Stiles and Christine with America Ferrera.
Watch the trailer below:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR