'Dallas' Debut Boosts Ratings for U.K.'s Channel 5
With 2.9 million viewers and a share of 13.1 percent, the reboot of the 1980s hit show nearly doubled the network's average share.
LONDON - The rebooted Dallas made its U.K. TV debut Wednesday night with ratings for Channel 5 that came in well above its typical viewership.
The drama based on the 1980s hit show, which in the U.S. just ended its first season on TNT, averaged 2.9 million viewers for Channel 5 in the 9 p.m. time slot. That gave the British network a share of 13.1 percent of all people watching TV at the time.
That was below the 4 million viewers that new ITV1 drama Mrs Biggs reached in the same time slot and BBC1's Who Do You Think You Are?, which attracted 4.1 million.
But the return of the U.S. family saga after 21 years brought Channel 5 an audience share that was nearly double its average in the time slot over the last three months, according to the Guardian.
TNT earlier this summer renewed Dallas for a second season.
The series, starring Josh Henderson, Jesse Metcalfe, Jordana Brewster, Julie Gonzalo and Brenda Strong along with original stars Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray and Larry Hagman, early on became U.S. basic cable's No. 1 new show.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!