'Dallas' Star Linda Gray: It's My Leg on 'The Graduate' Poster (Video)
The actress and former model reveals that she earned $25 for the now-iconic shot, long thought to be of star Anne Bancroft.
Dallas star Linda Gray made a surprising revelation on Anderson Cooper's talk show this week.
The actress said on Tuesday's Anderson Live that it was her leg -- and not The Graduate star Anne Bancroft's -- that was used on the poster for the 1967 movie.
The iconic image shows star Dustin Hoffman watching a woman put on a pair of hose, but all you can see of her is one leg, along with a hand and part of an arm. Most people have assumed the woman to be Bancroft.
"I think she was absent that day," quipped Gray, who started out working as a model before turning to acting. "I got paid $25. For one leg, that was good."
Gray, who appeared on Anderson Live alongside her Dallas co-star Patrick Duffy, also talked about how Larry Hagman's death will be addressed this season on their TNT drama.
"Beautifully and respectfully," Gray said, adding: "When he passed, the entire writing crew came in and it's like, 'Oh my gosh, what are we gonna do? How do we do it with the love and respect he deserved?' And they did it; it was amazing."
Hagman, who played J.R. Ewing, died Nov. 23. His final episode is scheduled to air March 11.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR