Damon Wayans to Star in CBS' Sports Radio Pilot
The actor-comedian will play an acerbic sports radio host inspired by ESPN's Colin Cowherd.
Damon Wayans may be returning to series television. The comedian has finalized a deal to headline the CBS TV Studios multi-camera comedy pilot set at a sports radio station.
The pilot is written by Bill Martin and Mike Schiff (Grounded for Life) and is inspired by acerbic ESPN personality Colin Cowherd. Wayans' character is named Nick Herd.
Andy Cadiff (Hot in Cleveland, Rules of Engagement, My Wife and Kids) will direct the pilot.
Martin and Schiff will executive produce with Eric and Kim Tannenbaum (Running Wilde, Two and Half Men) whose Tannenbaum Co. is set up at CBS Studios with a three-year overall deal. Cowherd will serve as a producer on the project.
Danny Comden (Dirt, Urban Legend) has also joined the cast as the manipulative producer of Herd's show.
Wayans – who hails from the famous comedic family behind In Living Color – has built a career as an actor and comedian as well as a producer and director. His on-screen credits include ABC's My Wife and Kids and the Showtime sketch comedy series The Underground. He also headlined a string of features including Major Payne and The Last Boy Scout.
Wayans is repped by Gersh and Kleinberg, Lopez, Lange.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR