Dana Booton Promoted to Head of Production at Film Roman
She will also be general manager of the animation studio behind such TV shows as The Simpsons and King of the Hill.
NEW YORK - Starz LLC president and CEO Chris Albrecht has promoted Film Roman's Dana Booton to the new position of general manager, head of production of the animation studio behind The Simpsons, King of the Hill and other TV shows.
She was previously vp of production. She was most recently the executive in charge of Film Roman's current Marvel Entertainment production projects - Ultimate Spider-Man, The Super Hero Squad Show and The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
She joined Film Roman in 2008 after founding Studio NM8 where she served as president and CEO. The firm produced animation series for Disney Channel and PBS. Before that, Booton was at Saban Entertainment, serving in various executive roles
"Dana has a proven track record of success and accomplishment in her time at Film Roman and the animation business during her career," said Albrecht. "Her credentials in traditional and CG animation will ensure that Film Roman continues the quality work and reputation it so richly deserves and remain at the forefront of securing new opportunities as the market for animated programming grows and evolves."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Week’s Best Game of Thrones Reader Comments: ‘The Lion and the Rose’
- Douglas Coupland on Being a Visual Artist, the ‘Torture’ of Interviews, and Unintended Side Effects
- Alan Thicke on His New Reality Sitcom and Being ‘Considerably More Boring Than Jason Seaver’
- 6 Forgotten Teen Films of the Late ’90s and Early ’00s