'Dancing' Star Hines Ward Detained at Gunpoint in Car 'Misunderstanding'
He is handcuffed after riding in a car that had been reported as stolen.
Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward, who is currently competing on ABC’s Dancing With the Stars, was ordered out of a car at gunpoint and handcuffed early Thursday in Los Angeles because he was riding in a car that had been reported as stolen.
Ward's friend, who was driving, failed to tell police she had recovered her vehicle after reporting it stolen last month, a police official said.
When an officer spotted the vehicle, he ran a computer check on the license plate and learned it had been stolen. Both Hines and his female friend, who was not named by police, were handcuffed until police could verify that she owned the car.
In a message to fans on his Facebook page, Hines wrote: “The incident in the news that involved me getting pulled over. I want everyone to know that this was a complete misunderstanding. The police were just doing their job. Apologies were made and it's now in the past. Moving forward...Hines”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game