'Dancing With the Stars' Season 13: What Viewers Think of the New Cast
ABC's announcement set the internet abuzz with HLN host Nancy Grace generating the most talk among new crop of contenders.
The cast for ABC’s Dancing with the Stars was announced on Monday, sparking a flurry of reactions on Twitter. The cast for Season 13 includes Nancy Grace, Kristin Cavallari, Chaz Bono, Ricki Lake, Carson Kressley and David Arquette.
Many on Twitter made jokes about the cast, criticizing its lack of star power.
“When Dancing with the Stars mentioned they were going after A-list celebrities this season I didn't know they meant eh-list,” wrote Zac Sanford.
“The new Dancing With the Stars cast has been revealed. In a bold move this year, they’re going with…no stars,” wrote Richard Dixon.
The majority of the jokes were directed at HLN host Nancy Grace.
“If Nancy Grace is really going to be on DANCING WITH THE STARS, I don't understand the word 'stars.’” wrote Paula Poundstone
“and there I was laughing at the Dancing with the Stars cast but then I got to Nancy Grace. I stopped laughing. No one laughs at Nancy Grace,” wrote Andrew Bascom.
“So Nancy Grace is on Dancing With The Stars. I figured she was too busy snacking on human souls,” wrote Jim Amato.
“Nancy Grace on Dancing with the Stars is basically Christmas in August. Or September. Or whenever it comes on ah hell I still won't watch,” tweeted Katye McCarthy.
“Nancy Grace is on Dancing with the Stars?! This is better than Kate Gosselin... Can't wait to watch this train wreck!” wrote Erika Schaefer.
The casting of L.A. Laker Ron Artest also sparked reactions.
“I heard on sports center this morning that Ron artest is going to be on dancing with the stars.I guess there he can't miss break away dunks,” wrote Jordan Goforth.
Others were surprised that model Elisabetta Canalis would be chosen for the show just because of her dating history.
“So George Clooney's ex-girlfriend is going to be on Dancing with the Stars simply because she's his ex-girlfriend?? REALLY???” wrote Christopher Davis.
Dancing With the Stars returns Sept. 19 with a two-hour premiere at 8 p.m.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"