'Dancing With the Stars' Cast: What Hollywood is Saying
Kim Kardashian jokes, “Good luck Robbie! I just hope u do better than me...not too hard!”
Following months of speculation, the cast member of Dancing With the Stars Season 13 was revealed on Monday, Aug. 29. As usual, the new crop of contenders sparked strong reactions among fans, including several Hollywood stars.
The Kardashians took to Twitter in full support of baby brother Rob Kardashian, who will follow in big sister Kim’s footsteps.
“So excited my bro @RobKardashian is gonna be on Dancing With the Stars! Good luck Robbie! I just hope u do better than me...not too hard! LOL,” Kim joked about her ill-fated Season 7 stint, in which she was booted after just three episodes.
Show host Tom Bergeron made a joke about LA Laker, Ron Artest, who will put on his dancing shoes during the NBA lockout.
Fellow contestant Nancy Grace, whose casting has been met with mixed reactions, wrote, “Thank you for all the #DWTS support today! I feel so honored & special. And I just want to say, this man, SWEET as pie!” linking to a backstage photo of she and Artest.
Chelsea Lately’s Heather McDonald, who has been vocal about her own desire to participate in the reality show, said, “Chaz Bono & Nancy Grace on DWTS makes me excited to watch.” Fellow Lately comedian Josh Wolf admitted, “I'm torn. I hate DWTS. Hate, hate, hate. But...Hope Solo in those little outfits? Well played ABC. Well played.”
Former contestant Kirstie Alley tweeted, “Love and Happiness to all the new dancers on DWTS...Here's my only advice to you.” She then linked to a video of Leonard Cohen performing “Dance Me to the End of Love.”
Trista Sutter, who appeared on the inaugural season of DWTS, tweeted her shock during the Monday announcement.
“MOST shocked about David Arquette!!!!” she posted initially, before adding, “Talk about BEAUTY...Hope Solo and George Clooney's ex...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Continuing to express her surprise, she tweeted, “Chaz BONO?!!!! WOW!” and then “Nancy GRACE?!!!!!! THAT is a shocker!!!”
The professional dancers paired with each contestant will be announced on Good Morning America Wednesday, Aug. 31. Dancing With the Stars returns for this thirteenth season on Sept. 19 on ABC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10