'Dancing With the Stars'' Cheryl Burke Dismisses Chris Brown
"As a victim of domestic violence, I don't agree with him coming on the show, but it's out of my control," she says.
Cheryl Burke wasn't looking forward to Chris Brown's performance on Dancing With the Stars Tuesday night.
"As a victim of domestic violence, I don't agree with him coming on the show, but it's out of my control," she told Extra on Tuesday of the singer, who was arrested in 2009 for assaulting then-girlfriend Rihanna. A judge sentenced him to five years probation and 1,400 hours of community service.
Burke -- who is paired with WWE wrestler Chris Jericho -- opens up about being molested as a child, and an abusive relationship with a former boyfriend in her autobiography, Dancing Lessons.
Brown, whose album, F.A.M.E., just debuted No. 1 on the Billboard Charts, came under fire last week for allegedly smashing a window at Good Morning America after becoming upset that Robin Roberts asked him about Rihanna.
He later half-apologized, saying he was thrown off by Roberts' questions and the interview intended to "exploit" him.
"I'm disappointed in the way I acted," he added.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"