'Dancing With the Stars' Finale: Voting Limited After Technical Difficulties
Viewers are able to vote for their favorite competitors by calling, texting and via Facebook while ABC.com experiences a temporary outage.
ABC directed Dancing With the Stars fans to vote for their favorite contestants by texting, calling and using Facebook after discovering a technical issue with the ABC.com voting site.
The issue surfaces two weeks after NBC’s The Voice experienced voting “inconsistencies” in which fans who voted online and via text were not counted. At the time, producers and host Carson Daly addressed the snafu and assured viewers that the issues did not affect the outcome of the show.
The Dancing With the Stars voting issue differs in that the network recognized the problem before Monday’s broadcast and warned viewers that voting on ABC.com would be unavailable.
“Voting on ABC.com is temporarily down, but you can vote by texting, calling and on Facebook,” the official DWTS Twitter account posted on Monday, including a link to the Facebook app.
Backstage at the taping, contestants seemed unconcerned. Aly Raisman, in fact, was overheard saying that she was pretty sure all her fans had voted on Facebook, anyway.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws