'Dancing With the Stars' Finale: Voting Limited After Technical Difficulties
Viewers are able to vote for their favorite competitors by calling, texting and via Facebook while ABC.com experiences a temporary outage.
ABC directed Dancing With the Stars fans to vote for their favorite contestants by texting, calling and using Facebook after discovering a technical issue with the ABC.com voting site.
The issue surfaces two weeks after NBC’s The Voice experienced voting “inconsistencies” in which fans who voted online and via text were not counted. At the time, producers and host Carson Daly addressed the snafu and assured viewers that the issues did not affect the outcome of the show.
The Dancing With the Stars voting issue differs in that the network recognized the problem before Monday’s broadcast and warned viewers that voting on ABC.com would be unavailable.
“Voting on ABC.com is temporarily down, but you can vote by texting, calling and on Facebook,” the official DWTS Twitter account posted on Monday, including a link to the Facebook app.
Backstage at the taping, contestants seemed unconcerned. Aly Raisman, in fact, was overheard saying that she was pretty sure all her fans had voted on Facebook, anyway.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"