'Dancing With the Stars' Ralph Macchio, Kirstie Alley Earn Standing Ovations
The two receive top scores from the judges on the season premiere of ABC's dancing competition, while Wendy Williams and "Psycho” Mike Catherwood notch the lowest numbers.
Original Karate Kid star Ralph Macchio and actress Kirstie Alley earned the top scores on the season premiere of ABC's dancing competition Dancing With the Stars.
Macchio, who received a total score of 24 (out of 30) from the judges, and Alley, who scored 23, both received standing ovations from the audience.
Macchio -- whose performance was deemed a “surprise” by the judges -- was told by the panel that he had "great showmanship" and elegance, while Alley had the best foot placement of all the competitors and gave an entertaining performance with a "feel-good" factor.
Meanwhile, talk show host Wendy Williams and radio personality "Psycho Mike" Catherwood earned the lowest scores on Monday's show.
Williams, who scored 14, appeared "timid" and failed to show personality, according to the judges.
Catherwood earned a total score of 13 for his "uncoordinated" dance that made him look "constipated."
Also competing on this season of the show are Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward (who earned a score of 21), actress Chelsea Kane (score: 21), former professional wrestler Chris Jericho (score: 19), rapper/actor Romeo (score 19), reality star Kendra Wilkinson (score: 18), supermodel Petra Nemcova (score: 18) and boxing legend Sugar Ray Leonard (score: 17).
Gail Speight contributed to this report.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws