'Dancing With the Stars' Studio Receives Letter Containing White Powder
The envelope is the second one with an unknown substance sent to the CBS television studios lot in as many months.
The substance was found Wednesday in a letter addressed to Dancing With the Stars; the ABC show is filmed at the studios.
Authorities responded to the call, which was made around 3 p.m., at the studios, located at the 7800 block of Beverly Boulevard.
The Los Angeles Police Department's hazardous materials unit found the substance to be harmless.
Last month, a similar substance was sent to Late Late Show host Craig Ferguson in a letter that was opened in an isolated area. That substance also was deemed harmless.
Ferguson later joked about the incident on Twitter: "Finally some office drama that isn't about Craig's hair! FYI: The hair is hot. Anthrax scare, not so much."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR