'Dancing With the Stars' Studio Receives Letter Containing White Powder
The envelope is the second one with an unknown substance sent to the CBS television studios lot in as many months.
The substance was found Wednesday in a letter addressed to Dancing With the Stars; the ABC show is filmed at the studios.
Authorities responded to the call, which was made around 3 p.m., at the studios, located at the 7800 block of Beverly Boulevard.
The Los Angeles Police Department's hazardous materials unit found the substance to be harmless.
Last month, a similar substance was sent to Late Late Show host Craig Ferguson in a letter that was opened in an isolated area. That substance also was deemed harmless.
Ferguson later joked about the incident on Twitter: "Finally some office drama that isn't about Craig's hair! FYI: The hair is hot. Anthrax scare, not so much."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!