Dane Cook to Star in Disney Animated Film 'Planes'
The comedian-actor will voice Dusty, a small plane with dreams of racing glory -- and a fear of heights.
Dane Cook has become family friendly.
The comedian will star in Disney's upcoming animated film Planes, voicing a small plane named Dusty. A go-getter in search of adventure, Dusty dreams of being a pro racing plane but must overcome both a lack of experience and, more important, a fear of heights.
Cook has starred in several films, including opposite Jessica Biel and Kate Hudson, but his most recent project, the NBC sitcom Next Caller, was nixed before it reached the air.
The movie is being directed by animation vet Klay Hall and executive produced by John Lasseter. The 3D aeronautical flick comes on the heels of the successful Cars franchise but is from Disneytoon, not Pixar. Planes lands in theaters Aug. 9.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game