D'Angelo Cancels Outside Lands Performance Due to 'Medical Emergency'
Instead, Chic featuring Nile Rodgers will perform on Friday.
R&B/soul singer D'Angelo will not be appearing at Outside Lands.
San Francisco's annual summer music festival, which takes place in Golden Gate Park from Aug. 9-11, announced Wednesday that "due to a medical emergency," the artist would not be performing Friday.
Disco group Chic featuring Nile Rodgers will take over D'Angelo's slot closing the night at the Sutro Stage from 6:05-7:05 p.m. Chic is known for songs like "Good Times," "Le Freak" and "I Want Your Love," while Rodgers most recently collaborated with Daft Punk.
"We hope that D'Angelo has a speedy recovery, and we are grateful to Nile Rodgers and Chic for stepping in at this late hour," said Another Planet Entertainment's Allen Scott in a statement. "Chic is still one of the greatest live bands around and I can guarantee that they are going to bring the party to Outside Lands on Friday."
D'Angelo's cancellation at Outside Lands comes after the singer nixed a slew of tour dates in cities like Chicago, San Diego and Minneapolis due to an unspecified medical issue.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR