D'Angelo Cancels Outside Lands Performance Due to 'Medical Emergency'
Instead, Chic featuring Nile Rodgers will perform on Friday.
R&B/soul singer D'Angelo will not be appearing at Outside Lands.
San Francisco's annual summer music festival, which takes place in Golden Gate Park from Aug. 9-11, announced Wednesday that "due to a medical emergency," the artist would not be performing Friday.
Disco group Chic featuring Nile Rodgers will take over D'Angelo's slot closing the night at the Sutro Stage from 6:05-7:05 p.m. Chic is known for songs like "Good Times," "Le Freak" and "I Want Your Love," while Rodgers most recently collaborated with Daft Punk.
"We hope that D'Angelo has a speedy recovery, and we are grateful to Nile Rodgers and Chic for stepping in at this late hour," said Another Planet Entertainment's Allen Scott in a statement. "Chic is still one of the greatest live bands around and I can guarantee that they are going to bring the party to Outside Lands on Friday."
D'Angelo's cancellation at Outside Lands comes after the singer nixed a slew of tour dates in cities like Chicago, San Diego and Minneapolis due to an unspecified medical issue.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother