Dani Weinstein Returning to Weinstein Co. as President of Publicity
She will start the new gig Aug. 6 as TWC begins gearing up for fall film festivals and awards season.
Dani Weinstein is returning to the Weinstein Co. in the post of president of publicity, the company said Wednesday.
The hire is effective Aug. 6.
Weinstein, filling the post vacated by Sarah Greenberg, will report to TWC co-chairman Harvey Weinstein and COO David Glasser.
Weinstein, a well-respected publicity executive, worked with Harvey and Bob Weinstein for 11 years (no relation), first at Miramax and then at TWC. In 2010, she left the company to take a job as senior vp film for public relations firm ID.
She continued to work closely with TWC, including on Academy Award-winning films including The Artist and The King's Speech.
ID's film team will continue to work with TWC and Weinstein.
As president of publicity, Weinstein will oversee and execute publicity campaings and strategy for all titles, working alongside TWC president of marketing Stephen Bruno.
"Dani is incredibly talented and has been an important element in our success for many years both at TWC and at ID, and we're thrilled she's coming home," Harvey Weinstein said. "We look forward to many more projects and a continued long relationships with ID."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10