Danica Patrick manages to keep her life just as fast-paced off-the-track as she does behind the wheel.
The 29-year old Wisconsin native landed the IndyCar Rookie of the Year honor in 2005 and managed to maintain the series’ Most Popular Driver title for five years. She is reportedly in final negotiations to add full-time NASCAR driver to her list of responsibilities, all while continuing to race the Indianapolis 500.
While most non-racing fans recognize Patrick as a GoDaddy Girl, this racing champ has had more than a few notable appearances in the media. Take a look at her top 5 projects.
1. Patrick appeared alongside Jay-Z in his 2006 music video “Show Me What You Got.” In the clip, she and Dale Earnhart, Jr. race through the streets of Monaco in a Pagani Zonda Roadster.
2. Patrick graced the cover of Sports Illustrated in June 2005, as the issue’s first Indianapolis 500 driver since 1987. In 2008 and 2009, she was featured in the magazine’s swimsuit issue. Patrick did pose for FHM magazine in 2003, but drew the line at a Playboy offer, opting to participate in a “20 Question” interview for the mag instead.
3. Making her acting debut, the driver appeared in a February 2010 episode of CSI:NY where she played – wait for it – a race car driver suspected of murder. Patrick also tried her hand at voice acting for an episode of The Simpsons, in which she played herself.
4. Patrick has appeared in more than a few commercials, including ESPN’s “This is SportsCenter” campaign and most notably, multiple GoDaddy ads featured during the SuperBowl.
5. Spike TV has utilized Patrick as a host for several TV programs, including the how-to automotive show, Powerblock.