Daniel Craig In Talks To Star In Five More Installments of Bond Series 007
The film's producer Michael G Wilson will start negotiations with the actor after shooting on current film "Skyfall" wraps.
LONDON – Daniel Craig as James Bond is likely to remain familiar to moviegoers for another five big screen outings, according to media reports.
Craig, currently shooting the latest Bond outing and his third as the title character, Skyfall, is in talks with franchise producer Michael G Wilson to sign up as Bond is shooting its 23rd installment.
Wilson told Sunday newspaper The People that he will be discussing the potential for Craig to do eight movies as Bond once Skyfall wraps.
“Filming has gone very well and I'd love Daniel to surpass Roger's [Moore] record and do eight pictures," Wilson told the paper.
The Internet immediately sparked to life with the news to largely positive notices with Craig drawing comments such as “in my humble opinion, the best Bond ever.”
While shrouded in secrecy, Skyfall remains an Internet speculators dream.
Wilson also hinted that director Sam Mendes and Craig are taking the movie’s feel back to the 1960s and the Sean Connery era of 007.
Wilson, whose stepfather "Cubby" Broccoli started the franchise in 1962, has been a producer or executive producer for 13 Bond films.
He co-produces the franchise with stepsister Barbara Broccoli.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"