Co-Founders Daniel Dales and Jarrett Sherman Exit Smokebomb Entertainment
The Canadian digital media producer, acquired by Shaftesbury Films four years ago, will be led by Jay Bennett, and new transmedia strategist Veronica Heringer.
TORONTO – Shaftesbury Films has moved to fill the void at Smokebomb Entertainment left by the departures of Daniel Dales and Jarrett Sherman from the indie producer’s digital media production arm.
Dales and Sherman co-founded Smokebomb, which was acquired by Shaftesbury four years ago, and remained on board as employees.
Now Dales, Smokebomb CEO and executive producer, and Sherman, president and executive producer, have left the house, “moving on from their roles in order to pursue other opportunities,” Shaftesbury said late Thursday.
In their place, Shaftesbury has promoted Jay Bennett to vice president, and hired Veronica Heringer as a transmedia strategist.
Shaftesbury chairman and CEO Christina Jennings will continue to oversee Smokebomb, which carved out an early niche in website and cross-platform game production before producing original online series and mobile apps like Totally Amp’d.
“It’s been an incredible ride and we’ve been able to produce some extraordinary projects over the last four years,” Dales said in a statement, as he and Sherman announced their departure.
Bennett will oversee development on new Smokebomb digital series like Unlikely Heroes and State of Syn, a sci-fi project to star Jewel Staite, David Hewlett and Rainbow Sun Francks.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR