Daniel Day-Lewis to Be Honored at BAFTA LA's Britannia Awards
The "Lincoln" star will receive his award at the November ceremony.
Daniel Day-Lewis will be honored at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts Los Angeles' Britannia Awards.
The Lincoln star will receive the Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award for Excellence in Film at this year's BAFTA LA Britannia Awards, to be held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Nov. 7. The ceremony will also be televised for the first time in primetime Nov. 11 on BBC America beginning 8 p.m. ET. A pre-show will air that evening at 7:30 p.m. ET.
“We are thrilled to bestow Daniel with this prestigious award. His remarkable body of work ensures that this honor is more than well-deserved, and we are excited to include him among the other esteemed honorees of the evening,” said Britannia chairman Nigel Lythgoe in a release announcing the award.
The Britannia Awards celebrate the individuals and companies that have dedicated their careers to advancing the entertainment arts. Awards are presented at a gala dinner.
Day-Lewis joins previous honorees including Daniel Craig, Quentin Tarantino, Trey Parker and Matt Stone and WIll Wright.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David