Daniel Day-Lewis to Be Honored at BAFTA LA's Britannia Awards
The "Lincoln" star will receive his award at the November ceremony.
Daniel Day-Lewis will be honored at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts Los Angeles' Britannia Awards.
The Lincoln star will receive the Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award for Excellence in Film at this year's BAFTA LA Britannia Awards, to be held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Nov. 7. The ceremony will also be televised for the first time in primetime Nov. 11 on BBC America beginning 8 p.m. ET. A pre-show will air that evening at 7:30 p.m. ET.
“We are thrilled to bestow Daniel with this prestigious award. His remarkable body of work ensures that this honor is more than well-deserved, and we are excited to include him among the other esteemed honorees of the evening,” said Britannia chairman Nigel Lythgoe in a release announcing the award.
The Britannia Awards celebrate the individuals and companies that have dedicated their careers to advancing the entertainment arts. Awards are presented at a gala dinner.
Day-Lewis joins previous honorees including Daniel Craig, Quentin Tarantino, Trey Parker and Matt Stone and WIll Wright.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack