Daniel Day-Lewis, Kevin Spacey Pay Tribute to Pete Postlethwaite in London
2:30 PM PST 2/16/2011 by Mark Cina
Day-Lewis led the addresses celebrating the late actor's life Wednesday.
Kevin Spacey and Daniel Day-Lewis were among the friends and family who paid tribute to Pete Postlethwaite at a memorial service Wednesday in London, reports the AP.Day-Lewis, who co-starred with Postlethwaite in the movie In the Name of the Father, recalled serving as Postlethwaite's understudy during their training days at the Old Vic Theatre School. "My great good fortune was to serve an apprenticeship under Pete Postlethwaite," he said. Related photos: Remembering Pete Postlethwaite Day-Lewis also sang to Postlethwaite’s widow, Jacqui Morrish. Postlethwaite’s former girlfriend Julie Walters also attended the service, during which a recording from AE Housman's A Shropshire Lad, featuring Postlethwaite, was played. Postlethwaite died in January after a long fight with cancer. He was 64.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!