Daniel Otto New Head of Acquisitions and Sales at Ascot Elite
Otto to focus on theatrical acquisitions for Ascot’s German distribution arm.
BERLIN – Daniel Otto is the new head of acquisitions and sales at Ascot Elite’s German theatrical division, Ascot Elite Filmverleih. Otto, a former acquisitions boss for Sony Pictures Television Deutschland, will be in charge of theatrical acquisitions for Ascot’s Munich-based operation.
Ascot is still a small player in the German theatrical market but has been snapping up buzz-worthy art house titles for the territory, recently taking German rights to Jeff Nichols’ Sundance favorite Take Shelter starring Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain and Daniel Nettheim’s The Hunter with Willem Dafoe, Sam Neill and Frances O’Connor.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack