Daniel Radcliffe to star in Broadway musical
'Harry Potter' actor set for 'How to Succeed in Business'
"Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe will make his Broadway musical debut in a revival of "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" early next year, producers said Thursday.
The 20-year-old British actor, who won rave reviews for his Broadway debut in the play "Equus" in 2008, will take up the role of J. Pierrepont Finch in the musical based on Shepherd Mead's satirical self-help book of the same name.
The musical follows Finch, a young window-cleaner who follows the advice of the self-help book and rises from the mailroom to vp advertising at a company.
The Tony and Pulitzer Prize-winning musical was first performed on Broadway in 1961.
Radcliffe is currently filming the eighth and final film in the "Harry Potter" series based on the seven books by author J.K. Rowling.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"