Daniel Radcliffe's 'The Woman in Black' Trailer: 5 Things We Learned
James Watkins directs the horror film, scheduled for a February 2012 release.
CBS films released the first official trailer for Daniel Radcliffe's new film The Woman in Black, directed by James Watkins. It's scheduled to hit theaters February 3, 2012.
Here are five things we gleaned from the chilling trailer.
1) He may be playing another British character, but Harry Potter this is not. Radcliffe has chosen a horror film for his post-Hogwarts foray. And, from the looks of the dark, scary trailer, The Woman in Black is going to make tales of Voldemort look like bedtime stories. And while he mostly stares into the distance throughout the video, Radcliffe already looks more weathered and grown up than he did in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.
2) Dolls and Monkey's are creepy. Children's toys play a large role in the one minute and 44 second trailer, in which a doll's are shown rotting, and toy monkeys play musical instruments eerily in the background.
3) So are small children. A child's voice talks over the trailer's background music delivering a foreboding (and rhyming) poem. Also, throughout the video, kids are seen peering through windows, fences and walking in unison through a playroom. Cliche as far as the horror genre goes, but effective.
4) It will be cold. Radcliffe can be seen riding through a vast wasteland of snow on his way to the "house in the marsh," while the sound of wind wooshes in the background There are also scenes of him running through dark woods and rain. But, the chill will get a bit of a reprieve during a scene in which the house appears to be on fire.
5) The Woman in Black is a ghost. The movie is based on a 1983 book by Susan Hill, and centers around a vengeful ghost who is terrorizing a remote English town. In the trailer, she appears in windows and, once, seems to sneak up on Radcliffe.
Be prepared to watch through your fingertips!
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR