Danish Drama ‘A Hijacking’ Sells to U.K., France
TrustNordisk closes multiple deals on the modern piracy drama following its debut in Toronto.
BERLIN – A Hijacking, a modern-day high seas piracy drama from Danish director Tobias Lindholm, has sold to multiple territories following its screening at the Toronto International Film Festival earlier this month. A Hijacking had its world premiere at the Venice Film Festival.
TrustNordisk, which is handling worldwide sales for the title, has signed deals with Arrow Films for the U.K., Ad Vitam in France and Turkey’s Calinos Entertainment and said it is in ongoing negotiations with several other territories.
Previous deals include ones with A-film in Benelux and Atnine Film in Korea.
Lindholm’s drama is set on a cargo ship which is captured by Somali pirates. The story focuses on the ship’s cook, Mikkel (Danish up-and-comer Johan Philip Asbaek) and engineer Jan (Roland Moller) who are caught up in a cynical game of life and death. Soren Malling (The Killing) and Dar Salim – Qotho from HBO’s Game of Thrones - also star.
Tomas Radoor and Rene Ezra produced A Hijacking for Nordisk Film with backing from the Danish Film Institute, the Danish Broadcasting Corporation and the Nordic Film and TV Fund.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'