Danny Boyle to helm 2012 Olympics ceremony?
Media speculating over his involvement in London event
LONDON -- Oscar-winning director Danny Boyle is at the center of media speculation as to who might direct the opening ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics.
According to reports, Boyle said: "It would be lovely, wouldn't it?" when quizzed about getting the gig, but has yet to confirm that he would do it, or that there had been an offer.
The director has been in demand since "Slumdog Millionaire" scored him an Oscar and is currently in postproduction with "127 Hours," his mountain climbing drama starring James Franco.
With Olympics organizers keeping tight-lipped over who will land the showcase role and Boyle keeping schtum, the opening ceremony plans continue to take shape.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR