Danny DeVito steps in for Michael Douglas
Accepting Zurich Fest honor while actor undergoes chemo
Danny DeVito will step in for his friend Michael Douglas at the Zurich Film Festival, where he will accept the festival's Golden Icon Award on Douglas' behalf.
Douglas had agreed to appear himself for the presentation, scheduled for Oct. 3, but has had to cancel in the wake of his announcement this week that he is undergoing treatment for throat cancer.
DeVito and Douglas have known each other since their student days. DeVito made his first film appearance in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Next," which Douglas produced. The two actors appeared together in "Romancing the Stone," "The Jewel of the Nile" and the recent "Solitary Man." And DeVito directed Douglas in "The War of the Roses."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!