Danny DeVito steps in for Michael Douglas
Accepting Zurich Fest honor while actor undergoes chemo
Danny DeVito will step in for his friend Michael Douglas at the Zurich Film Festival, where he will accept the festival's Golden Icon Award on Douglas' behalf.
Douglas had agreed to appear himself for the presentation, scheduled for Oct. 3, but has had to cancel in the wake of his announcement this week that he is undergoing treatment for throat cancer.
DeVito and Douglas have known each other since their student days. DeVito made his first film appearance in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Next," which Douglas produced. The two actors appeared together in "Romancing the Stone," "The Jewel of the Nile" and the recent "Solitary Man." And DeVito directed Douglas in "The War of the Roses."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR