Cause of Danny Gans' death determined

Coroner says he had a toxic reaction to opiate drug

LAS VEGAS -- A coroner said Las Vegas entertainer Danny Gans died accidentally last month because of a toxic reaction to a painkiller.

Clark County Coroner Mike Murphy said Tuesday that the 52-year-old Gans' death was not an issue of drug abuse.

Murphy said Gans had toxic levels of hydromorphone, an opiate drug used to treat chronic pain. He had a toxic reaction to the drug because of an existing heart condition.

Police said Gans was found dead in bed at home in Henderson early May 1 after his wife, Julie, reported she couldn't wake him.

Gans was a singer, actor and impressionist who spent more than a decade working his way to top billing on the Las Vegas Strip.
comments powered by Disqus