Danny Huston cast in Robin Hood pic
Actor will play King Richard in the untitled project
Danny Huston is joining the cast of Universal and Imagine's untitled Robin Hood movie, which Ridley Scott is now directing in England.
Russell Crowe plays the legendary folk hero in the latest retelling of the Robin Hood myth being written by Ethan Reiff & Cyrus Voris and Brian Helgeland. Imagine's Brian Grazer is producing along with Scott and Crowe.
Huston will step into the shoes of the historical figure King Richard, who became known as Richard the Lionheart because of his exploits in the Third Crusade.
Huston appeared this summer on the big screen in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," playing Wolverine's nemesis William Stryker, and recently finished work on "Clash of the Titans," in which he plays Poseidon.
He is repped by ICM, Julian Belfrage Associates and Laina Cohn.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR