Dante Lam's 'That Demon Within' to Close Hong Kong Film Festival
After receiving its world premiere at the Berlin Film Festival, the action thriller will get its Asian bow at the Hong Kong event in April.
HONG KONG -- Director Dante Lam's action thriller That Demon Within will close the 38th Hong Kong International Film Festival.
Starring Daniel Wu (Overheard 3), Nick Cheung (The White Storm), Andy On (Special ID) and Liu Kai-chi (Beast Stalker), the film will have its Asian premiere on April 7 at the festival. That Demon Within had its worldwide premiere earlier this month at the Berlin Film Festival's Panorama Special section.
Described as "a quintessential Hong Kong-style action thriller," the film tells the story of a cop who saves the life of a gang leader on a violent crime spree. Consumed by remorse, the cop devises an outlandish scheme that will cause the gang to implode.
The 38th HKIFF will be held from March 24 to April 7, 2014.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game