'Dark Knight Rises' Generates $19 Million Opening Weekend on Domestic Imax Screens
The Warner Bros. movie got off to a solid start of $4.8 million on 64 super-sized screens internationally, with China yet to screen the movie.
TORONTO -- The Dark Knight Rises generated an opening weekend box office of $23.8 million in 396 Imax theaters worldwide, the giant screen exhibitor reported Monday.
Toronto-based Imax said the Warner Bros. Pictures tent-pole pulled in $19 million domestically from 332 Imax screens, for a per-screen average of $57,200.
The global per-screen average was $60,100.
Internationally, The Dark Knight Rises earned $4.8 million in 64 Imax theatres, for a per-screen average of $75,000.
Warner Bros. earlier Monday said Imax grossed $1.57 million on 19 screens in the UK, and another $758,000 from 10 screens in Korea.
And The Dark Knight Rises grossed $659,000 from 5 Imax screens in Australia, and $55,000 from two screens in Spain.
Imax has another 89 of its theatres that are set to start screening The Dark Knight Rising this week, with China yet to screen the action movie, pending confirmation.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David