'Dark Knight Rises' Generates $19 Million Opening Weekend on Domestic Imax Screens
The Warner Bros. movie got off to a solid start of $4.8 million on 64 super-sized screens internationally, with China yet to screen the movie.
TORONTO -- The Dark Knight Rises generated an opening weekend box office of $23.8 million in 396 Imax theaters worldwide, the giant screen exhibitor reported Monday.
Toronto-based Imax said the Warner Bros. Pictures tent-pole pulled in $19 million domestically from 332 Imax screens, for a per-screen average of $57,200.
The global per-screen average was $60,100.
Internationally, The Dark Knight Rises earned $4.8 million in 64 Imax theatres, for a per-screen average of $75,000.
Warner Bros. earlier Monday said Imax grossed $1.57 million on 19 screens in the UK, and another $758,000 from 10 screens in Korea.
And The Dark Knight Rises grossed $659,000 from 5 Imax screens in Australia, and $55,000 from two screens in Spain.
Imax has another 89 of its theatres that are set to start screening The Dark Knight Rising this week, with China yet to screen the action movie, pending confirmation.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kate Beckinsale Films 'Absolutely Anything' Alongside a Really Really Nice Car!
- Usher Narrows Down 'The Voice' Live Show Performers to Just Three - Meet Team Usher!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Help Plant a Tree in Australia!
- Sam Claflin Promotes 'The Quiet Ones' at His 'Meet The Actors' Session in NYC!