'Dark Knight Rises' Shooter's Records Released; Theater Set to Reopen
University of Colorado released 2,000 documents related to alleged shooter James Holmes, revealing that he had a brief romantic relationship.
Responding to media requests, the University of Colorado at Denver released more than 2,000 documents related to James Holmes, the alleged shooter in a movie theater rampage in July.
According to the Associated Press, a large number of the documents were redacted but revealed several new details: Holmes had a brief romantic relationship; one of his professors feared for her students' safety; and students were asked not to speak to media or post to social media about the shooting, but instead refer all requests to campus publicists.
Among the documents not released were 100 e-mails between Holmes and his friends and family.
Holmes is accused of killing 12 people and injuring 58 at a Cinemark theater in Aurora, Colo., on July 20. The theater is now scheduled to reopen on Jan. 17 in a ceremony that will be attended by Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack