'Dark Knight Rises' Shooter's Records Released; Theater Set to Reopen
University of Colorado released 2,000 documents related to alleged shooter James Holmes, revealing that he had a brief romantic relationship.
Responding to media requests, the University of Colorado at Denver released more than 2,000 documents related to James Holmes, the alleged shooter in a movie theater rampage in July.
According to the Associated Press, a large number of the documents were redacted but revealed several new details: Holmes had a brief romantic relationship; one of his professors feared for her students' safety; and students were asked not to speak to media or post to social media about the shooting, but instead refer all requests to campus publicists.
Among the documents not released were 100 e-mails between Holmes and his friends and family.
Holmes is accused of killing 12 people and injuring 58 at a Cinemark theater in Aurora, Colo., on July 20. The theater is now scheduled to reopen on Jan. 17 in a ceremony that will be attended by Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park