'Dark Knight Rises' Shootings: Cinemark 'Working Closely' With Police
The exhibitor says it's "deeply saddened about this tragic incident."
Cinemark, the exhibitor that owns the Aurora, Colo., movie theater where a masked gunman opened fire during a Friday morning screening of The Dark Knight Rises, says it's "working closely" with authorities.
"Cinemark is deeply saddened about this tragic incident," said the statement. "Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims, their families and loved ones, our employees, and the Aurora community. We are grateful for the quick and professional reaction of all local law enforcement and emergency responders. Cinemark is working closely with the Aurora Police Department and local law enforcement."
The company joins Chris Dodd, chairman and CEO of the Motion Picture Association of America, and Warner Bros., the studio behind The Dark Knight Rises, in expressing sympathy for the victims of the shooting.
Commenting on the attack on people at a midnight screening of the final installment of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, Dodd said: "We share the shock and sadness of everyone in the motion picture community at the news of this terrible event."
Earlier Friday, 24-year-old Aurora resident James Holmes was named as the suspect who shot at least 14 people dead and wounded dozens more. Police caught him in the parking lot of the Century 16 Movie Theaters; he claimed he had explosive devices in his apartment, which led to evacuation of buildings in the area.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'