'The Darkest Hour' Release Pushed to Dec.
Olivia Thirlby and Emile Hirsch star in thriller set in aftermath of an alien attack.
Summit Entertainment has pushed back the release of its alien attack thriller The Darkest Hour from Aug. 5 to December. The picture, touted as the first American 3D production to film in Russia, will now unspool in time for Christmas holiday on Dec. 23.
The Darkest Hour stars Olivia Thirlby and Emile Hirsch, as well as prominent Russian actors Gosha Kutsenko, Dato Bakhtadze, Nikolai Yefremov and Arthur Smolyaninov.
Produced by Tom Jacobson and Timur Bekmambetov and directed by Chris Gorak, it is the story of five young Americans who find themselves stranded in Moscow, fighting to survive after extratrerrestials take aim at Earth.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR