Darren Aronofsky Will Direct Metallica-Lou Reed Video
The “Black Swan” filmmaker will shoot a video from the song “Iced Honey” off the album, “Lulu.”
Darren Aronofsky is moving in the opposite direction from many of his contemporaries -- going from directing feature films to making a music video with Metallica and Lou Reed.
The Black Swan director will be making a video for the song "Iced Honey" off the Metallica-Lou Reed album Lulu. The video will be shot with Aronofsky's longtime cinematographer Matthew Libatique in the San Francisco Bay area, the Associated Press reports.
Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich seemed to be the most enthused of all the parties involved, saying in a statement, "As if making a record with Lou Reed is not enough, now I get to make a video with Darren Aronofsky who has been among my very favorite filmmakers since his first movie, Pi."
The Metallica-Lou Reed collaboration Lulu, which was released on Tuesday, is inspired by the works of German playwright Frank Wedekind.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David