Darren Aronofsky's 'Black Swan' Gets Last-Minute Screening at Beijing Festival
A print flown in from Taiwan allowed the film to go on as scheduled during Beijing's inaugural film festival.
BEIJING – Darren Aronofsky’s Oscar-winning Black Swan nearly sank before it soared at the First Beijing International Film Festival on Monday, when a glitch with the digital “print” caused distributor 20th Century Fox to rush a 35mm version in on a flight from Taiwan and let Chinese censors cut it at the last moment.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR