Darren Aronofsky's 'Noah' to Be Produced by Mary Parent (Exclusive)
The film version of the Bible story is from Paramount and New Regency.
Mary Parent will produce Noah, Darren Aronofsky's take on the iconic Bible tale. The project from Paramount and New Regency also is being produced by Aronofsky and Scott Franklin.
Oscar-nominated screenwriter John Logan, whose credits include Gladiator and The Aviator, is rewriting a script by Aronofsky and Ari Handel.
Noah is one of several high-profile films that Parent, who landed a first-look production deal at Paramount in February, has become attached to in recent months. In August, she joined the producing lineup of Legendary Pictures’ Pacific Rim, the sci-fi movie being directed by Guillermo del Toro. And in October, Parent signed on to produce the sci-fi film Hyperdrive via her Disruption Entertainment shingle after Paramount acquired the hot spec script.
Parent is the former chairman of MGM's worldwide motion picture group; she left the studio in October 2010 -- while it was in the midst of a bankruptcy -- after a year of stalled production operations.
During her MGM tenure, which began in 2008, Parent released only a handful of films, include a remake of Fame (2009) and Hot Tub Time Machine (2010). Before MGM, she served as head of production at Universal and was a successful producer.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!