Darren Aronofsky's 'Noah' to Be Produced by Mary Parent (Exclusive)
The film version of the Bible story is from Paramount and New Regency.
Mary Parent will produce Noah, Darren Aronofsky's take on the iconic Bible tale. The project from Paramount and New Regency also is being produced by Aronofsky and Scott Franklin.
Oscar-nominated screenwriter John Logan, whose credits include Gladiator and The Aviator, is rewriting a script by Aronofsky and Ari Handel.
Noah is one of several high-profile films that Parent, who landed a first-look production deal at Paramount in February, has become attached to in recent months. In August, she joined the producing lineup of Legendary Pictures’ Pacific Rim, the sci-fi movie being directed by Guillermo del Toro. And in October, Parent signed on to produce the sci-fi film Hyperdrive via her Disruption Entertainment shingle after Paramount acquired the hot spec script.
Parent is the former chairman of MGM's worldwide motion picture group; she left the studio in October 2010 -- while it was in the midst of a bankruptcy -- after a year of stalled production operations.
During her MGM tenure, which began in 2008, Parent released only a handful of films, include a remake of Fame (2009) and Hot Tub Time Machine (2010). Before MGM, she served as head of production at Universal and was a successful producer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR