Darren Criss Replaces Pink for Obama Fundraiser Performance
UPDATED: Campaign officials have enlisted the "Glee" star after the pop rocker was hospitalized last week with the stomach flu, a source says.
Pink, who was scheduled to perform a LGBT fundraiser gala for President Obama in Los Angeles on Wednesday, may not be able to attend because of illness, a member of Obama's campaign finance committee said Monday.
The singer was hospitalized last week with the stomach flu. She tweeted a picture of herself in bed sipping a drink with an intravenous drip in her arm.
Campaign officials were busily trying to find a back-up act to perform for the president at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel on Wednesday.
The gala was moved from the SLS to the Beverly Wilshire when demand for tickets rose after the president endorsed same sex marriage in May.
After the gala, Obama will attend a fundraising dinner at the home of Glee creator Ryan Murphy. Tickets are selling for $40,000 per couple.
Both events are expected to sell out -- no matter who is singing.
UPDATE: THR has learned that Glee star Darren Criss will replace Pink as the performer at the June 6 event.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'