Daryl Hannah Arrested Outside White House
The "Kill Bill" star breaks the law again in the name of environmental activism.
Daryl Hannah has been arrested during a protest outside the White House.
The actress and environmental activist was taken into custody on Tuesday while participating in a sit-in to protest the expansion of a pipeline running from Canada's controversial Keystone XL tar sands to Oklahoma. If approved by the U.S. State Department, the pipeline would be extended to the Gulf Coast.
"We stand here today to just say no to slavery, to just say no to tar sands, oil and no to the Keystone pipeline," Hannah was reported to have said at the protest.
An estimated 100 people were part of the sit-in that occurred on the sidewalk in front of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
This isn't the first time Hannah's environmental interests have put her on the wrong side of the law. The actress known for Roxanne and Splash was previously arrested in 2006 after chaining herself to a walnut tree for three weeks to protest the destruction of the country's largest urban farm in South Central Los Angeles. She was arrested again 2009 during a sit-in to protest mountaintop removal mining in West Virginia.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!