Dave Davis Designated CFO of Global Eagle Once It Takes Off
The airline industry veteran will serve as CFO of Row 44 until it is acquired by Global Eagle, along with Advanced In-Flight Alliance AG, to create a new company service airlines worldwide.
Veteran airline executive Dave Davis is about to join Global Eagle Entertainment as vp and chief financial officer.
His appointment will be official as soon as the deal for Harry Sloan and Jeff Sagansky’s Global Eagle to acquire Row 44 and a controlling interest in Advanced In-Flight Alliance AG closes. Those acquisitions were announced Nov. 8.
Davis is the former CFO of Northwest Airlines and U.S. Airways and is a current member of the board at Row 44, which provides broadband services and in-flight entertainment to airlines.
Until the acquisition closes, Davis will serve as CFO of Row 44. After the closing, he will be in charge of Global Eagle’s financing functions, including taxes, investor relations and possible acquisitions.
Global Eagle was founded by Hollywood veterans Harry Sloan and Jeff Sagansky, who raised about $190 million in a May 2011 IPO.
“As the in-flight entertainment experience continues to evolve at a rapid pace, Dave’s keen insight will be crucial in developing the innovative products and services that move our business forward,” said Ed Shapiro, Chairman of Row 44 and Chairman-designate of Global Eagle Entertainment.
Most recently, Davis was senior vp Enterprise Finance at Best Buy, Inc. in Minneapolis. In the past he has worked for and with such companies as US Airways, Northwest Airlines, Budget Rent A Car, Rockwell International, private equity firm Perseus LLC, and Bearpath Capital, LLC, a private equity and management advisory firm he founded.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack