David Archuleta Dropped by Record Label
11:30 AM PST 2/18/2011 by Shirley Halperin
The "American Idol" alum's latest album, 2010's "The Other Side of Down," sold 67,000 copies -- a far cry from his 2008 self-titled debut, which moved nearly a million units and has been certified platinum.
After Twitter lit up last night with rumors that David Archuleta had been dropped by Jive Records, his label home since 2008, a Jive spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that "David was released from our roster."
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile