David Cronenberg, Pedro Almodovar Films Set for New York Film Festival Galas
"A Dangerous Method" and "The Skin I Live In" join the line-up for the fest, which kicks off Sept. 30.
David Cronenberg’s A Dangerous Method and Pedro Almodovar’s The Skin I Live In will be featured in Gala slots at the upcoming 2011 New York Film Festival.
Cronenberg’s Method, which stars Michael Fassbender as Carl Jung, Viggo Mortensen as Sigmund Freud and Keira Knightly as a mutual patient, will screen on Oct. 5. Sony Pictures Classics will release the film on Nov. 23.
Skin, Almodovar’s latest film, which sees the Spanish director reteaming with Antonio Banderas in a thriller set against the backdrop of plastic surgery, will play the festival Oct. 12, two days before its scheduled Oct. 14 release via SPC.
It’s the first time NYFF has hosted two galas in addition to its opening, closing and centerpiece events. Explained Rose Kuo, executive director of the Film Society of Lincoln Center, which produces the festival, “This year has seen a great deal of growth for us with the opening of our new Film Center and we are thrilled to continue the expansion at this year’s NYFF. We will be offering more screenings, panels, and family events as well as these two new marquee nights that feature highly anticipated fall films.”
The festival runs from Sept. 30 to Oct. 16.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack