David Fincher: The Complex Mind of 'Social Network's' Anti-Social Director
Three years later, Fincher tried to figure out commercials. His first was one of his most memorable. "A friend who was a truck driver and wanted to be a producer said, 'Give me an idea for the American Cancer Society.' So we sat down with some storyboard artists and said, 'Let's do this thing that's the Star Child from 2001.' "
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DVDs: The Long Strange Journey Of "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman"
- Conversations with The Moody Blues' Justin Hayward and Boston's Tom Scholz, Plus Exclusives from Molina Devina, The Blues & Greys, Reputante and Radio Raheem
- Movie review: Saving Mr. Banks
- Live from the Dubai International Film Festival: Tuesday, Dec. 10