'Gone Girl' Gets Fall 2014 Release; 'Frankenstein' Pushed to January 2015
David Fincher's thriller "Gone Girl" stars Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike; "Frankenstein" stars Daniel Radcliffe opposite James McAvoy.
Making a number of changes to its release calendar, 20th Century Fox has decided to put more distance between its upcoming Frankenstein pic and Universal's Dracula Untold.
Frankenstein, starring James McAvoy as Victor Von Frankenstein and Daniel Radcliffe as Igor, was to have opened Oct. 17, 2014, two weeks after Dracula Untold hits theaters on Oct. 3. Now, Frankenstein won't open until Jan. 16, 2015.
But that doesn't mean Fox is abandoning October. In a twinned move, Fox has announced it will open David Fincher's high-profile thriller Gone Girl, starring Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike, on Oct. 3 and animated family film Book of Life on Oct. 17.
Fox is partnering with New Regency on Gone Girl, which is currently in production. The film, based on the novel of the same name by Gillian Flynn, is about a couple who move from New York to a small rural town only to have the wife go missing.
Fox Animation Studios is teaming with Guillermo del Toro and Reel FX on Book of Life. The animated pic was originally set to open Oct. 3.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR