David Geffen Drops $54 Million on Denise Rich's New York City Apartment (Report)
The DreamWorks mogul plans to undergo two years of renovations on the seven-bedroom, 11-bath abode.
David Geffen is buying Grammy-nominated songwriter and socialite Denise Rich's seven-bedroom penthouse apartment on New York's Upper East Side for $54 million, the New York Post reports.
According to the paper, Rich had initially asked for $65 million for the duplex, which also boasts 12,000 square feet, 11 baths, three kitchens, a gym and Rich's recording studio (which Geffen wants to gut over the course of two years of renovations).
A DreamWorks representative did not immediately respond to THR's request for comment.
The DreamWorks mogul owns another apartment in the building on Fifth Avenue, right under Rich's digs; now that he's purchased hers, he plans to sell off the other one, the Post reports.
The two have history: Geffen allegedly threatened to take legal action after complaining that a leakage from Rich's Jacuzzi had ruined his clothes and artwork. (A settlement followed.)
Rich, the ex-wife of mega-rich trader Marc Rich, listed her apartment back in January; in November 2011, she renounced her American passport in an apparent move to escape U.S. taxes. She has Austrian citizenship through her late father, according to Reuters.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott