David Geffen Drops $54 Million on Denise Rich's New York City Apartment (Report)
The DreamWorks mogul plans to undergo two years of renovations on the seven-bedroom, 11-bath abode.
David Geffen is buying Grammy-nominated songwriter and socialite Denise Rich's seven-bedroom penthouse apartment on New York's Upper East Side for $54 million, the New York Post reports.
According to the paper, Rich had initially asked for $65 million for the duplex, which also boasts 12,000 square feet, 11 baths, three kitchens, a gym and Rich's recording studio (which Geffen wants to gut over the course of two years of renovations).
A DreamWorks representative did not immediately respond to THR's request for comment.
The DreamWorks mogul owns another apartment in the building on Fifth Avenue, right under Rich's digs; now that he's purchased hers, he plans to sell off the other one, the Post reports.
The two have history: Geffen allegedly threatened to take legal action after complaining that a leakage from Rich's Jacuzzi had ruined his clothes and artwork. (A settlement followed.)
Rich, the ex-wife of mega-rich trader Marc Rich, listed her apartment back in January; in November 2011, she renounced her American passport in an apparent move to escape U.S. taxes. She has Austrian citizenship through her late father, according to Reuters.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR